MOB RELATED NFTS MUSCLE IN ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
LAS VEGAS, April 21, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — Many well-known gangsters may be buried in the desert, or sleeping with the fishes, but the tools of their trade are alive, well and ripe for the taking, at least in the digital world.
The founders of the Las Vegas Mob Experience, owners of the largest collection of authentic organized crime artifacts, memorabilia, photos and videos ever assembled, are relaunching their interactive experience with an added twist.
Now simply “The Mob Experience,” the company will be releasing select Signature items from its extensive collection through OpenSea for purchase as NFTs for a two week period beginning on April 22, 2021.
Signature Artifact NFTs can be viewed at https://MobExperienceNFT.com.
NFTs, or non- fungible tokens, have become the digital counterpart to all things collectable. Even those who have passed on can have their encrypted signatures kept alive on the blockchain.
The Mob Experience’s initial release of 8 of its most precious artifacts in its NFT series will include such signature items as:
- The only example of a Bugsy Siegal owned handgun,
- The only example of a Bugsy Siegel, handwritten letter, 5 pages long, to his wife about his family. The letter was written while he was traveling on a plane to Las Vegas, mere months before being murdered in his home, which is considered the most famous mob hit in history,
- Meyer Lansky’s Medal of Freedom, as awarded to Lansky by President Truman in a secret ceremony at the White House, for the Mob’s helping the Allied Forces win WWII during Operation Husky and Operation Underworld,
- The only example of a handwritten letter, 3 pages long from Al Capone to his son, offering him life advice and describing his daily life in prison while serving out his sentence in Alcatraz,
- A mysterious letter from an FBI agent to Mob Boss, Jimmy “Blue Eyes” Alo, tipping off the Mob boss about a major investigation repaying his dying father’s wishes to repay the favor,
- Meyer Lanksy’s jacket, tie, shirt and hat, as a set. The houndstooth jacket is the one matching his friend Bugsy Siegal’s and the hat was worn by Meyer upon his return from Israel where he was arrested upon his arrival,
- The notorious Mickey Cohen’s brass knuckles, slightly used, and
- Meyer Lansky’s handwritten Diaries.
The idea to partner with The Mob Experience in converting the most coveted pieces of its collection into NFTs, was the brainchild of successful model and actor, turned entrepreneur and cryptocurrency investor, Michael Evers.
Mr. Evers, said “Never before has a museum quality collection been tied to the NFT market. The opportunity for Mob fans and collectors, as well as NFT owners, to be the only one in the world to own an extraordinary and unique, One of a Kind piece of history is an exciting new first for the NFT marketplace.” Evers continued, “Additionally, each owner of an NFT will have the opportunity to have their name or nickname on display in The Mob Experience’s Las Vegas real world location alongside the actual physical artifact tied to the NFT they acquired.”
Jay Bloom, the original founder of the Las Vegas Mob Experience and current Chairmen of Pegasus Group Holdings, LLC. said “We are excited about the prospect of bringing ownership of these signature pieces as NFTs to the public and making them available to Mob and NFT fans worldwide. Each piece in our collection of 1,500 artifacts is a one of a kind with a story to tell, so too are our initial NFT offerings each going to be a 1 of 1.”
The Mob Experience plans to open its interactive, brick and mortar location in a Las Vegas venue during the first quarter of 2022, where the physical artifacts behind the NFTs will be prominently on display.